October 24, 2011

Beautiful Creatures

This weekend, I read the book Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. A wonderfully written book! The basic plot is that there is a guy named Ethan who meets this girl, Lena, and starts hanging out with her. They find a magic locket that shows them visions of the past--Civil War era--and it is revealed that Lena is a Caster (sort of a politically correct way to say 'witch,' I guess), and that her alignment (Dark or Light) is to be revealed to her on her sixteenth birthday. Much wackiness ensues, including a Caster named Ridley wreaking mayhem on Ethan's best friend and an incubus who turns out to be someone you wouldn't expect. I highly reccommend this book, and I'll let you know about the sequel, which I am going to scour the library for as soon as the doors open.

No comments:

Post a Comment